05 December 2010

merry grinchmas.

Lately, it's been hard to get into the Christmas mood. I don't know if it's all the work that the professors and I save for the last minute or the fact that I generally don't like holidays.
I feel like the Grinch, little heart 2 sizes too small. 


However, I have been trying to get myself out of this Grinch-like slump and forcing myself to decorate. I've hung up snowflakes in the windows, put up my trees (no motivation for ornaments this year, and I made stockings.

If you all know me, I can't sew and freak out with the thought. But I decided after looking everywhere, I was going to make my own stocking this year. I bought some felt and found simple patterns online. After trial and error, I finally was able to get everything together. I decorated them with some ric-rac and ruffles and well, not to toot my own horn, but they're pretty awesome.

My Stocking.
Amelia's Stocking.

The extent of my living room decorations. 

2 comments:

  1. I didn't put up a single holiday decoration...haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least I put up a few decorations! I found a dog collar at Joann's that says Bah Hum Bug on it. I thought it was fitting for Amelia since I am such a Grinch this year (and it was 70% off!).

    ReplyDelete