23 December 2010

christmas wreaths.

If you know my family, you know that I am the only one who is crafty. My mom is kinda crafty, but she is good at crafts that need patterns and structure. We have done craft days in the past, but it always ends up in disaster. Over Thanksgiving break, I saw a post on the blog Apartment Therapy (one of my favorite blogs that I follow) and found a craft that my mom and sister would be able to do without difficulty (or so I thought). 


Here's the link with the original idea:


julekrans.jpg
Felt Ball Wreath

I liked how the wreath looked; not too Christmasy. I looked into getting felted balls, but they are a little expensive. I decided that it would look just as cool with regular pom pons from the craft store. I loaded up on pom pons, glue sticks, and styrofoam wreath forms. 

The project was pretty easy, but of course my mom and sister would find some way to make it hard. My mom could find the right color balls and my sister had glue gun drama (which was freakin' hilarious!). Overall, they turned out great! Here are some pictures of our wreaths (I don't have one of my sister's. Her is pink, teal, and black pom pons.)

Mine on my apartment door.


One on the bedroom door (I think it's the one my mom made).

One on the bathroom door.

2 comments:

  1. Those look great! I've never seen 644 look so good...LOL

    For some reason I'm not surprised your sister had difficulty or 'drama' with the glue gun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's adorable! I love making wreaths.

    ReplyDelete