23 December 2010

christmas cookies #2

Ok...so here is the story of my second batch of cookies. 


I also saw this recipe on Picky Palate (which is one of my favorite websites for tasty recipes). These were the cookies that I was most excited for (and ultimately most disappointed in). The picture really enticed me and made my belly grumble.

Picture from Picky Palate

The recipe seemed fairly simple, that even I should be able to do it with no major complications. Well, I was mistaken (even the encouragement from the readers comments on her blog were wrong...ha). All you do is make brownie box mix, dip oreos, and put in a cupcake pan. Let's just say, that even with the amount of spray I put in the cupcake pan did not help. Almost each and everyone of them stuck. The next problem was it was hard to tell when they were finished, making them a little dry because I left them in way too long...ha. The center portion by the oreo never looked finished. 

So, with the combination of being dry and sticking to the pan, they weren't the best cookies ever. Here's my embarrassing final product....

They look better in this picture than they did in real life.

Let's just say these ended up in the garbage disposal...better luck next year...lol.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what happened to my first comment.... Anyway, I'm trying these tonight. I have to go to the store to get sour cream for tonight's dinner creation anyway. These just look like they'd be really good, hopefully I have better luck than you did! I'll post results later.

    I'm totally going to use double stuffed too...mmmm

    ReplyDelete