23 December 2010

christmas mess #3.

When St. Nick came to visit this year (St. Nick Legend for those of you who don't celebrate), he gave me a whoppie pie kit. What is a whoppie pie? Well, here is the picture from the box:

The looked delicious and seemed fairly simple to make. I was hoping since my first 2 cookie experiences were bad, maybe this would be the charmer. 

I followed the simple directions on the box and was feeling optimistic. I put the batter on the pan, let it cook for the allotted amount of time and this is what I got....

Crap.

I can even explain what happened. They were about as flat as 15 pieces of computer paper. Even though they looked like poo, I tried to complete them by filling them (with the recipe provided) and candy cane them up.

This is what I was expecting them to look like:


BUT...

This is what I ended up with:


I guess they didn't taste horrible, but I couldn't get past the looks. I guess I learned this year that maybe Christmas cookies aren't my thing and maybe I should stay with the pre-cut Gordon cookies like my mom did....ha. But at least I tried?

No comments:

Post a Comment