22 December 2010

christmas cookies #1

Every year, I have this idea of my family making Christmas cookies together with smiles on our faces. The cookies turn out perfect and everyone lives happily ever after. 

Well...

That never happens. My mom and I make several different cookies by ourselves. I try new ones that we have never done before and my mom does the standard (which turned out to be frozen pre-cut sugar cookies from Gordon's this year...ha). 

The first cookies I decided to try are Kiss Pies from Picky Palate. They looked fairly simple and sounded amazing. 
Picture from Picky Palate.

I tired real hard when making these. They were actually really easy to make, but I think that I rolled the dough a little thin and they didn't turn out perfect. They ended up being a little dry. Now that's its several days (almost a week) after they were made, they finally taste better. ha.

Here's a picture of my final product (not as pretty as the originals).









No comments:

Post a Comment