06 December 2010

Don't make your bed!

Like most parents, my parents continued to lecture me on the importance of making my bed (and the importance is? ha). I've always hated making my bed, even to this day. I rarely make my bed. I occasionally do when I go to bed, but most of the time, I throw my sheets on as I go to bed. 

I've heard that it's actually better to not make your bed, to leave it unmade so it is able to 'air out'. So, that's been my excuse. But after I actually made my bed yesterday, I decided that I was going to do some research about making your bed. I found this article on BBC: Bedmaking and Dust Mites. So pretty much, don't make your bed so all the dust mites run away. 

See, my intuition has been right. Don't make your bed.

With all this...Here's a picture of my made up bed, so if my parents ever read this they can see I actually do make my bed on occasion...ha (which I got lectured about like a week ago [Yes, I am almost 25 years old]). 

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious! I never made my bed as a teen.
    My mom would yell at me all the time about it, can't wait to tell her about the research you found & tell her that there are probably bed bugs crawling all over her bed right now (she's an active bed maker & OCD about her home being in perfect shape)..as for me...well, hey now that I'm on my own- I make my bed maybe once a week. My theory..why make your bed..if you are just going to un-make it at night?? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's been my theory too! I like to make it on Sundays to start the week off right, but every other day...not a chance!

    ReplyDelete